There are many, many books and articles about environmental stewardship from a spiritual perspective. To keep this list compact and relevant, we are listing books that come specifically from a Buddhist perspective with at least some connection to the Insight tradition. The articles are even more specific, mainly coming from Insight teachers and practitioners.
We favor written resources that are accessible and practicable over academic works. Feel free to let us know of others you have found useful.
- Active Hope, by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone
- A Buddhist Response to the Climate Emergency, edited by John Stanley, David Loy, and Gyurme Dorje
- "Caring for the Earth as Buddhist Practice," by Gil Fronsdal
- "Earth Care Week: Buddhists Respond to Climate Change," by James Baraz
- "Into the Fire: Food in the Age of Climate Change," by Bhikkhu Bodhi